ONE HEART AT A TIME
God has a special purpose for every Christian and
every church. GVCC has a mission; it’s based on the Great Commission of Christ when He said, “…go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
“Motivated by a fervent love for God and others,
it is the mission of Green Valley Christian Church to communicate the Gospel of Christ to our family, friends, co-workers and neighbors, making disciples of all who respond in faith.”
The process of becoming a true disciple of Jesus is
an individual one. Once we are born again, we all grow into Christ-likeness at varying rates and to different degrees. The Leadership of our church has specified seven distinct dimensions of discipleship by which we
can help each other measure our progress.
A disciple of Christ is a baptized believer whose
devotion to God is demonstrated in the following ways:
1. Consistent daily prayer, Bible reading, repentance and personal renewal.
2. Regular financial contribution to the work of
the Lord being carried out by the congregation.
3. An understanding of spiritual authority,
demonstrating a willing submission to the guidance and counsel of the church leadership.
4. Commitment to personal accountability through
involvement in a small group and/or one-on-one discipling relationship.
5. Dependable participation in the scheduled activities of the congregation.
6. Reliable service in a designated area of
ministry within the congregation; under the supervision of its leadership.
7. Active compassion for those in need and a heart for the lost.